How to Verify E-SIM Activation on Your iPhone?
We live in a world of innovations where technology has taken over all the spheres of our lives. Remember the time when smartphones were just an idea? But today, we are living in the era of E-SIM technology that is transforming the way we stay connected.
Installing and activating E-sim is a straightforward process that takes less than five minutes. You need to get in touch with your your carrier provider for a QR code, scan it in your device's settings, confirm activation, and enjoy the benefits of e-sim technology.
Due to the rising popularity of e-SIM technology, many iPhone users are shifting from traditional physical SIM cards to e-SIMs; it offers a more convenient and flexible solution for managing multiple cellular plans directly on your device.
In this article, we will talk about eSIMs and the devices that support them. We will guide you through the steps to activate an e-SIM on your iPhone and how to verify its activation on the device.
What is an e-sim
E-sim stands for Embedded Subscriber Identity Module. It is a tiny chip incorporated into your device during its manufacturing. An e-sim is similar to a physical SIM card and identifies you as a mobile subscriber and links you to a carrier's network.
The difference is that e-sim is entirely digital, eliminating the need to acquire a physical SIM card. Instead, you can get an e-sim from different network providers such as Prune and stay connected wherever you go.
Iphones compatible with E-sim
Not all iPhone models support e-SIM technology. The initial iPhones that started using eSIM technology include: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR, all launched in 2018. If you own a newer iPhone model, it's compatible with eSIM. Moreover, compatibility can vary based on your mobile carrier and the specific country or region of purchase.
For eSIM compatibility, your iPhone must be unlocked from carrier restrictions. To verify if your iPhone meets the e-sim requirement, follow the given steps:
- Navigate to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll down to find the Carrier Lock section.
- If your device is unlocked, it will display "No SIM restrictions."
- Look for the "Cellular" section and select "Add Cellular Plan."
- If your iPhone supports eSIMs, it will prompt you to set up an e-SIM using a QR code or via your carrier.
This process will help you confirm whether your iPhone supports e-SIM functionality and is carrier-unlocked.
How to Install E-sim on iPhone
Once your iPhone is compatible with the E-sim, you can purchase an e-sim from Prune to stay connected for your upcoming trip. To install the E-sim on your iPhone, follow the given steps:
1. Direct Installation:
- Go to www.prune.co.in and select the e-SIM you wish to install.
- Tap on Details.
- Proceed to Install e-SIM.
- Tap on Add Cellular Plan.
- Assign a label to your e-SIM (
- Choose your preferred default line for calling or sending messages.
- Ensure to keep Allow Cellular Data Switching turned OFF to avoid changes to your other line.
2. QR Code
- Go to www.prune.co.in and select your desired eSIM.
- Tap on Details, then Install eSIM via QR Code.
- Display the QR code on another device.
- Go to phone Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- Scan the QR code to install the eSIM on your device
- Label your e-sim
- Choose your preferred line for iMessage and FaceTime.
- Keep your cellular data off to avoid extra charges.
3. Installing Manually
- Go to www.prune.co.in and select the e-sim you want to purchase.
- Tap Details manually to activate your E-sim
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- Label your eSIM with your desired country name
- Choose your desired line for iMessage and FaceTime.
- Make sure to keep your cellular data off to avoid extra charges.
Steps to Check E-SIM Activation on Your iPhone
Start by getting a QR code or an activation code from your carrier for your e-SIM. Some carriers also provide an app or website for managing your account and e-SIM activation.
- Access Your iPhone Settings: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on the "Cellular" or "Mobile Data" option. Here, you can manage your cellular plans and view your current plan.
- Initiate eSIM Activation: Now, tap "Add Cellular Plan" to start the eSIM activation process. You can scan the QR code provided by your carrier or enter the activation code manually. You need to follow the prompts on the screen to label your new eSIM plan.
- Automatic Activation: Your iPhone should automatically detect and activate the new eSIM plan. You'll see both plans in the settings, showing your iPhone is now a Dual SIM device.
- Confirmation of Activation: To verify your eSIM is active, try calling or connecting to mobile data using the new plan. If you encounter any challenges, simply restarting your iPhone or contacting your carrier for assistance can resolve the issue.
Alternatives to Verify E-sim Activation
Contact Customer Service:
You can chat live or phone for immediate help or email for 24/7 support.
Troubleshooting e-SIM Activation: Common Reasons
- QR Code Hurdles: Ensure you're scanning your carrier's correct, clear QR code. A blurry or damaged QR code won't work.
- Network Glitches: Sometimes, network issues can delay activation. It could be due to congestion, outages, or maintenance.
- Carrier's Unique Setup: Different carriers may have distinct activation processes or restrictions. Always check with them for guidance.
- Software Updates: Keep your iPhone updated to the latest iOS version to ensure smooth compatibility.
Solving activation challenges:
- Restart Your iPhone: A simple restart can often fix minor software hiccups.
- Update iPhone: Go to Settings > General > Software Update to install any available updates.
- Scan the QR Code: Scan the QR code again in good lighting, ensuring it's clear and undamaged.
- Contact your carrier provider for further support.
Android Users can check their E-sim activation by:
- Go to "Settings" on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap "Network & Internet" or "Connections," depending on your Android device.
- Look for "SIM cards" or "Dual SIM & eSIM" and tap on them.
- If you see "Connected" or "Active" next to the eSIM, it's successfully activated.
- If you only see the option to "Add eSIM," your eSIM is not activated yet.
What we at Prune think
With technology evolving, staying connected while travelling is becoming easier. The emergence of e-SIMs has undoubtedly transformed network connectivity, presenting a convenient and streamlined solution, especially for travellers. iPhone users can make the most of this by ensuring their e-SIM is active, allowing smooth switches between local and global carriers.
Moreover, choosing an E-sim plan allows you to avoid additional roaming charges that can be inconvenient during your travels. E-SIM provides an efficient and cost-effective solution compared to international roaming packs.
Benefits of Choosing E-sim from Prune
- Instant Accessibility: Prune's E-SIM grants you immediate access to mobile networks when you arrive in a new location, enhancing your travel experience.
- Cost-Effective: With Prune's prepaid e-SIM plans, you only pay for the required data, avoiding extra charges for unused services.
- Global Reach: Prune's e-SIM plans are available in more than 190 countries worldwide, offering seamless connectivity on all your travels.